Буддийские форумы Дхарма
Буддийское сообщество

FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи  ГруппыГруппы   КалендарьКалендарь   PeгиcтрaцияPeгиcтрaция 
 ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВхoдВхoд 
 Новые постыНовые посты   За сегодняЗа сегодня   За неделюЗа неделю 
В этом разделе: За сегодняЗа сегодня   За неделюЗа неделю   За месяцЗа месяц 

Вокруг встреч ЕСДЛ с учеными.

Страницы Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  След.

Новая тема   Ответ на тему    Буддийские форумы -> Дискуссии
Предыдущая :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
Krie
баловник

Суждений: 3345

15208СообщениеДобавлено: Пт 21 Апр 06, 13:38 (18 лет тому назад)     Ответ с цитатой

Цитата:
Ура, моя мечта сбылась:  я увижу по телеку то, за что меня заблокировали на БФ.
Поглядим как обсудят общего врага. Который, как известно, объединяет - другими словами, к примеру, дешёвую рабочую силу из дурок повыцепят,  а то все белыми людями стали. ...Священички, перетрут чо и как на форумах, перед одобрением идеи возврата  к свечам. Как бы назад, в будущее.Wink
http://psychiatry.org.ua/articles/paper193.htm
Зачем изучать, выздоровеет ненормальный  или нет если страх он имеет - значит пашет, потому Будда сидит возле дохлой лошади где-то в будущем.  
Buddha smile  Buddha smile

Yuriy

Суждений: 1004

15500СообщениеДобавлено: Чт 27 Апр 06, 12:07 (18 лет тому назад)     Ответ с цитатой

Источник информации: Mind and Life Institute.

The Power of Mindfulness: A Retreat for Leaders in Business and Non-Profit Organizations

Conducted by Jon Kabat-Zinn, October 27 -- November 1, 2006, at Menla Mountain Retreat in Phoenicia, New York, this retreat affords the opportunity to explore the power of mindfulness --
moment-to-moment, non-judgmental attention -- for expanding our capacity to see, to learn, and to grow, both as individuals and as leaders.  The retreat includes periods of guided instruction in a number of meditation practices, periods of silent exploration, and periods of collective inquiry and dialogue, all aimed at cultivating stability and ease, penetrative awareness, and the insight and creativity that flows from them.

Menla Mountain is located three hours north of New York City, at the foot of Pantherkill Mountain, in a secluded valley that has been a source of renewal and inspiration for over a century.  The natural beauty of the valley's exquisite l andscape combined with the intimate, simple elegance of Menla Mountain Retreat provides an ideal setting for this meeting of hearts and minds.

Jon Kabat-Zinn is vice-chairman of the Mind and Life Institute and founder and former Executive Director of the Center for mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society.  He is also the
founder and former director of its renowned Stress Reduction Clinic and Professor of Medicine Emeritus at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.  

He teaches mindfulness in various venues around the world. He is well known from his best-selling books - Full Catastrophe Living and Wherever You Go There You Are; his most recently
published book, Coming to Our Senses: Healing Ourselves and the World Through Mindfulness; and through the Bill Moyers' PBS special, Healing and the Mind.

A electronic version of the Retreat brochure is available
at  http://www.umassmed.edu/cfm/pm_retreat.cfm .   For hard copy of the brochure, kindly send name and mailing address to mindfulness@umass.edu
Наверх
Профиль Послать личное сообщение
Yuriy

15657СообщениеДобавлено: Вт 02 Май 06, 12:16 (18 лет тому назад)     Ответ с цитатой

MLRN Discussion List.

In the April 2006 issue of American Psychologist, Roger Walsh & Shauna Shapiro (reference below) nicely summarize many of the issues in the field of psychological research involving meditation.  While they don't offer much that is truly new to the field, theirs is among most concise orientations to it that I've seen. They argue that a far more nuanced understanding of the cultural and philosophical origins of various meditative practices is vital for conceptual clarity in ongoing research.  

Citing Jack Kornfield's writings on the complementary benefits of meditation & psychotherapy,  Walsh & Shapiro write:

"Meditative traditions would clearly benefit from incorporating Western expertise in such clinical areas as psychodynamics, psychopathology, diagnostics, harmacotherapy, and further outcome studies. If they can be developed, biofeedback systems that alert practitioners when they drift into mindless fantasy could be very helpful, given that beginners spend so much time lost in mindless distraction." p.233

We generally think in terms of what meditation has to offer western medicine and psychotherapy. What, if anything, do the scientific traditions have to offer the contemplative traditions? Does this biofeedback system sound like a good idea to the meditators out there, or would it just be another gadget to distract you from the nature of your mind? Do those "mindless distractions" it might reduce have some meaningful role that may actually be part of the process?

Article Title:  
The Meeting of Meditative Disciplines and Western Psychology: A Mutually Enriching Dialogue  

Author :  
Walsh, Roger; Shapiro, Shauna  

Affiliation  
(1)Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California College of Medicine; (2)Department of Counseling Psychology, Santa Clara University  

Source  
American Psychologist. Vol 61 (3), April 2006, pp. 227-239  

ISSN   0003-066X  

Abstract  
Meditation is now one of the most enduring, widespread, and researched of all psychotherapeutic methods. However, to date the meeting of the meditative disciplines and Western psychology has been marred by significant misunderstandings and by an assimilative integration in which much of the
richness and uniqueness of meditation and its psychologies and philosophies have been overlooked. Also overlooked have been their major implications for an understanding of such central psychological issues as cognition and attention, mental training and development, health and pathology, and psychological capacities and potentials. Investigating meditative traditions with greater cultural and conceptual sensitivity opens the possibility of a mutual enrichment of both the meditative traditions and Western psychology, with far-reaching benefits for both.
Наверх
Yuriy

15775СообщениеДобавлено: Чт 04 Май 06, 12:36 (18 лет тому назад)     Ответ с цитатой

Time: Davidson is among 16 scientists and thinkers who have developed big ideas for our time.

Mind and Life Institute Board of Directors and Scientific Advisory Board member Richard Davidson has been named to Time magazine's list of the top 100 people. The May 8, 2006 special issue of Time depicts the lives and ideas of the world's most influential people in the categories of leaders and revolutionaries, scientists and thinkers, heroes and pioneers, builders and titans, plus artists and entertainers. This is the third year for the list which has become a much anticipated annual issue.

Dr. Andrew Weil nominated Davidson and wrote his profile. Titled, "East Meets West in His Laboratory," Weil calls Davidson, working in conjunction with the Dalai Lama, a pioneer in the exciting frontier of mind-body medicine. Davidson is the Director of the Laboratory for Affective Neuroscience  and the W.M. Keck Laboratory for Functional Brain Imaging and Behavior at the University of Wisconsin at Madison. In 2000, he received the Distinguished Scientific Contribution Award, the most prestigious award given by the American Psychological Association for lifetime achievement.

Educated in psychology at New York and Harvard Universities, he has published more than 150 articles and co-authored or edited 13 books, most recently, Visions of Compassion: Western Scientists and Tibetan Buddhists Examine Human Nature and The Handbook of Affective Science.

To read the entire Time article and vote on the significance of Davidson's work compared to other Time 100 picks, go to
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1187248,00.html.
Наверх
Yuriy

15873СообщениеДобавлено: Вт 09 Май 06, 11:01 (18 лет тому назад)     Ответ с цитатой

Из дискуссии о пользе-бесполезности западных методов практической психологии для медитации.

MLRN Discussion List

In my experience meditation and biofeedback are completely compatible and mutually supportive.  I've taught meditation for more than 35 years and practiced biofeedback and EEG biofeedback (also known as neurofeedback) for almost a decade.  I've worked with meditators who weren't getting all the
benefits of meditation and were helped by biofeedback to tune there practices and virtually every biofeedback client I've worked with, child or adult, has benefited from meditative practices that support success with biofeedback.  It's a mistake to think that biofeedback is a machine that does something for you that you should be doing yourself.

Biofeedback as a field basically grew out of the study of yogis and Zen masters back in the 1950's and 60's.  Western medicine said that processes mediated by the autonomic nervous system were largely non-volitional and thus couldn't be willfully altered, yet there were meditators clearly changing aspects of their neurophysiology, skin temperature, heart rate, even stopping
and re-starting their heart, all of which shouldn't have been possible from the western medical model's point of view.  All those changes were mere side effects to the yogis or Zen masters, but they became the focus of attention for research and medicine since being able to self-regulate has many great health benefits.  When I lecture at the medical school where I'm on the faculty, I give a seminar on self-regulation both nstrumented and non-instrumented.  Instrumented self-regulation refers to the whole field of biofeedback which
includes skin temperature, skin conductance, sEMG, EEG, heart rate variability, blood pressure, etc., etc.  Non-instrumented self-regulation refers to meditation, yoga, qigong, tai-chi, etc.  

Biofeedback is based on the learning principle that in order to change something you first have to be able to perceive it.  The sensors used in biofeedback make the imperceptible erceptible.  Then you learn to change it.  During that process you develop the inner discrimination, the inner feedback loop, necessary to experience what you are changing.  Clinically this can be
directed towards changing brainwave patterns associated with ADHD and thus normalizing the brain and decreasing or eliminating the need for medication, or it can be used for peak performance training and meditation training.  There are numerous clinical applications for the many forms of
biofeedback.  And there's a Zen master in California who thinks he can cut 10+ years from the training of Zen monks through the use of neurofeedback.  Not because the machine does anything for you, but because clarity of feedback enhances learning, in any field or endeavor.  Biofeedback excels at giving clear feedback.  

The mood shifts out of depression that have been noted in meditation research related to shifts in certain brainwave patterns frontally with meditation have also been noted for years in the neurofeedback field and brainwave training protocols for mild to moderate depression have been used successfully for years.  I've worked with meditators who weren't getting all the health benefits from meditation that they thought they should get and when hooked up to an EEG and instructed to meditate the way they usually do it turned out they were thinking.  They needed the clarity of feedback to shift them out of
the subtle continuous thinking they were doing simultaneously with breathing and mantra use, in order to shift into a quieter, more spacious state of meditation.  There's no doubt in my mind that biofeedback and meditation work wonderfully together.  The intent and focus of biofeedback is typically much narrower than meditative practices but each can enhance the learning of
the other.  I've seen that countless times.

As far as meditative disciplines benefiting from psychological and
psychotherapeutic understanding, and vice-versa, that too has been my experience.  I've run a residential Jungian psychiatric in-patient psychiatric treatment center for years and I've run an ashram, meditation centers, etc. for many, many years.  The transformative process of meditation, like the transformative processes in psychotherapy, brings up material that needs to be
dealt with skillfully.  Too many times I've seen great advance meditators - rinpoches and gurus - who had too little appreciation of the psychological impairment of a student with the result that the practices given or the expectations of how the individual would proceed were simply wrong.  Most
eastern disciplines assume a healthy functioning ego and that is simply not the case for many people attracted to spiritual disciplines these days.  Ken Wilber's writings are essential reading for a deep understanding of the paradigm clashes
involved here.

May all our practices, including our group contemplations here!, truly benefit all beings.

Lawrence Edwards, Ph.D., LMHC, BCIAC EEG Fellow
Clinical Instructor, Dept. Community and Preventive Medicine
New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY
www.optimalmind.net
www.thesoulsjourney.com
Наверх
Yuriy

19700СообщениеДобавлено: Чт 03 Авг 06, 05:25 (18 лет тому назад)    MBSR и рак Ответ с цитатой

Источник информации: MLRN

Hi everyone,
I have an opening for a 3-year position in Calgary as research co-ordinator or postdoc managing three MBSR-related studies recently funded entitled:

Comparison between mindfulness-based stress reduction and supportive-expressive therapy on psychological and biological parameters in breast cancer patients.  

Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction, Blood Pressure, and Acute Stress Reactivity in Women with Cancer.

A pilot study of mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR) and acupuncture (AP) for the treatment of pain in women with bone metastases receiving palliative radiation therapy.

The job description is as follows:

Dr. Linda Carlson, Department of Psychosocial Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary is hiring a full-time research co-ordinator to begin September 2006 for a three-year position.  The position entails working on several large multi-site funded projects with cancer patients.  Duties include managing a team of research assistants and co-coordinating study operations in Calgary and Vancouver (minimal travel required).  Tasks include preparing ethics applications and study protocols, overseeing patient recruitment efforts, overseeing adherence to study protocols in data collection, managing logistics of day-to-day clinical research activities and manuscript preparation.  Ample opportunity for publications and presentations.

Qualifications: Masters or PhD in psychology, nursing or health sciences – pay and tasks commensurate with education and experience; health research knowledge and experience; team leadership or management experience; clinical skills and experience with patient populations; competence with MS-office word, excel, powerpoint, SPSS, Reference Manager.  

Personal characteristics: Good communication and management skills, leadership skills, self-motivated, independent, flexible, resourceful, mature, dedicated to pursuing health research
career.

Please forward to anyone you think might be interested - the funding has already been released so the sooner I can hire someone the better.  Many thanks,

Linda

--

Linda E. Carlson, Ph.D., C.Psych.
CIHR New Investigator
Associate Professor, Division of Psychosocial Oncology,
Department of Oncology, Faculty of Medicine
Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Psychology

University of Calgary
Alberta Cancer Board – Holy Cross Site
Department of Psychosocial Resources
2202 2nd St. S.W. Calgary, Alberta , Canada T2S 3C1

Phone: (403) 355-3209
Fax: (403) 355-3206
E-mail: l.carlson@ucalgary.ca
Наверх
Yuriy

20186СообщениеДобавлено: Пн 14 Авг 06, 16:48 (18 лет тому назад)    Mindfulness в Германии Ответ с цитатой

MLRN Discussion List

My name is Bjoern Mueller and I'm a 28 year old student of psychology in Freiburg, Germany. I'm looking for a prospective master's thesis topic and a supportive infrastructure.

I've been working for two years now as a junior (assistant) researcher on a randomized controlled trial on "Mindfulness and Fibromyalgia" at the University Hospital of Freiburg, which is led by Dr. Stefan Schmidt while collaborating among others with Paul Grossman, faculty member of the M&L Summer Research Institute 2006. In Germany this research group has aquired a huge expertise through evaluating the first German MBSR courses and compiling a widely known meta-analysis about the effects of MBSR.

My studies are coming to the final phase, where I also have to write my master's (diploma) thesis. Through the course of my studies, my main interest has always been the possible integration of Western empirical psychology and the wisdom stemming from (Eastern) contemplative traditions.
Being thoroughly trained in empirical 3rd person methods I now look more and more into 1st person approaches and/or qualitative and narrative approaches. Especially in the context of measuring mindfulness I'm very interested in applying different methods and paradigms to reach multiple perspectives and also to cross validate findings.

My research interests are wide but can be framed somewhere at the interfaces of Social, Clinical, and Health Psychology. My special interest belongs to hypo-egoic states like mindfulness, self-acceptance and self-compassion. I would like to investigate the causes, correlates and effects of these states/traits on interpersonal behavior, quality of life, well-being and psychopathology.

To become a little bit more specific, I list some questions I find intruiging:

Х       Can individual causal beliefs (relation to explanatory styles) be altered through mindfulness practice?
If yes, how, and does it show in the individual's use of language / in their use of cross-consistent explanatory style?

Х       What would be the effects on the perceived helplessness, when mindfulness practice might involve questioning some components of explanatory style: good vs. bad events through inspiring a sense of creative uncertainty; internality vs. externality; especially stability vs. instability (through the experience of transitoriness and constant change); globality vs. specificity.

Х       Does mindfulness practice alter the individualsТ concepts of pain and suffering, controllabilty and helplessness? Acceptance and self-esteem, self-identity? Ultimate control through letting go, through consciously choosing to have no control?!  Self-regulation (control) vs. acceptance of the unfolding nature of Being

Х       And does it correspond with a certain model/comprehension of SELF?

Х       What is the role of experiential avoidance, stemming from a cultural assumption of pain being bad, and happiness being normal?

Х       What is the relation between mindfulness practice and quality of life?

Х       The role of (explicit) values as motivational forces in cross-consistent behavior?

Х       Self-acceptance and self-compassion: the relation of self-compassion to positive psychological health. How to foster it? How to measure it?

If anybody runs programs and or studies along these lines and is willing to supervise me, I would be happy to get in contact with you: bjoern.mueller@email.de

Concerning the financial aspects, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) has certain scholarships for working on a thesis abroad, which I would apply for.

Yours sincerely,

Bjoern Mueller
Наверх
Yuriy

20416СообщениеДобавлено: Вс 20 Авг 06, 14:28 (18 лет тому назад)    Заседание продолжается... Ответ с цитатой

В Дискуссионном клубе журнала «Наука и жизнь», на форуме «Наука и общество» я начал читать доклад «Буддизм и наука. По материалам встреч ученых с Далай Ламой»

http://www.nkj.ru/forum/read.php?FID=14&TID=4643

Вход свободный, приглашаются все желающие.

Понятно, что зубро-ассы не найдут в нем ничего нового, но конструктивная критика приветствуется!
Наверх
Yuriy

20525СообщениеДобавлено: Пт 25 Авг 06, 10:21 (18 лет тому назад)     Ответ с цитатой

MLRN Announcement List

THE SHAMATHA PROJECT

The Shamatha Project is a pioneering scientific study exploring the long-term benefits of meditation practice.  This is a joint undertaking shared by the Santa Barbara Institute for Consciousness Studies, University of California-Davis & Shambhala Mountain Center.

THERE ARE STILL A FEW REMAINING OPENINGS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SHAMATHA PROJECT, AND WE HAVE EXTENDED THE APPLICATION DEADLINE TO SEPTEMBER 1ST, 2006 TO ACCOMMODATE ADDITIONAL APPLICANTS.

We invite you to participate in this extensive group meditation retreat study hosted by Shambhala Mountain, which will take place in 2007.  Over a three-month period, Dr. B. Alan Wallace will guide study participants in various forms of shamatha practice draw from the Theravada and Mahayana Buddhist traditions. Instruction will also be offered on the cultivation of the Four Immeasurables (lovingkindness, compassion, empathetic joy and equanimity), which will be practiced between shamatha sessions.

Participants will be collaborating with a team of neuroscientists and psychologists. Two three-month retreats will be offered, with participants randomly assigned to the first or second retreat. During the first retreat, participants assigned to the second retreat will be brought to Shambhala Mountain at the project's expense to be tested as part of a "control group." The retreats will begin in February and September 2007 respectively.

As a prerequisite, participants are asked to complete at least one-week shamatha retreat with Dr. Wallace if they have not already done so. One such retreat will be held October 1 - 8 at Pema Osel Ling Retreat Center, Corralitos, CA. (see: http://sbinstitute.com/events_view.php?id=75).

For further information and an application visit
www.shambhalamountain.org/shamatha, email us at
shamatha@shambhalamountain.org, or call us at (888) 788-7221 (the website and application will soon be updated to reflect this but are usable as is)
Наверх
Yuriy

20555СообщениеДобавлено: Пт 25 Авг 06, 19:35 (18 лет тому назад)     Ответ с цитатой

LONGEVITY AND OPTIMAL HEALTH
Integrating Eastern and Western Perspectives

September 18-21, 2006
http://www.columbiaintegrativemedicine.org/events.html

A revolution is occurring in the Western science of longevity, regeneration, and health. This revolution is elucidating the potential for extended human lifespan in an optimal state of health, as well as the possibility of regeneration and even reversal of important aspects of aging. This investigation is being conducted on the molecular, cellular, physiological, and psychological levels.

For centuries, Eastern traditional systems of health enhancement have made claims that the extension of human lifespan in a healthy condition is possible. Indo-Tibetan Buddhism claims that its core of meditative, yogic, and related practices can potentially produce dramatic enhancements of psychological and physiological functioning within practitioners, and recent preliminary research suggests that there may be a surprisingly extensive, fertile common ground for the Eastern and
Western perspectives.

A major focus in these Western scientific advances is on stimulation of the innate potential to achieve longevity, regeneration, and optimal health, and a new model has been developed which synthesizes and integrates the pioneering specialized research of leading Western scientists to attempt to reveal how Indo-Tibetan Buddhist and other traditional practices may stimulate this innate potential.

This conference, co-hosted by Tibet House and the Columbia Integrative Medicine Program, will bring together researchers and scholars from the Indo-Tibetan tradition as well as leading Western scientists in the fields of longevity, regeneration, and health to discuss these advancements and to build a program of collaborative research which will advance our current understanding of longevity and health.

The Hosts

Robert A.F. Thurman Ph.D. , is the Jey Tsong Khapa Professor of Indo-Tibetan Buddhist Studies in the Department of Religion at Columbia University, President of the Tibet House U.S., a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and promotion of Tibetan civilization, and President of the American Institute of Buddhist Studies, a non-profit affiliated with the Center for Buddhist Studies at Columbia University and dedicated to the publication of translations of important texts from the Tibetan Tanjur. Professor Thurman is the translator of many philosophical treatises and sutras, and the author of numerous books including the national bestseller, Inner Revolution: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Real Happiness; Anger (the fifth book from a series on the "seven deadly sins"); and most recently, The Jewel Tree of Tibet: The Enlightenment Engine of Tibetan Buddhism . Thurman's other writings and lectures have examined Asian history, particularly the history of the monastic institution in the Asian civilization; and critical philosophy, with a focus on the dialogue between the material and inner sciences of the world's religious traditions. In 1997, Time magazine chose Robert Thurman as one of its twenty-five most influential Americans.

Mehmet C Oz, MD , is a Professor and Vice Chairman of the Department of Surgery, and a cardiothoracic surgeon, who incorporates Integrative Medicine into his practice. Dr. Oz is a graduate of Harvard University, the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, and the Wharton School of Business. Dr. Oz is the author of Healing from the Heart: A Leading Heart Surgeon Explores the Power of Complementary Medicine , published in 1998, the #1 New York Times Bestseller You: The Owner's Manual (An Insider's Guide to the Body That Will Make You Healthier and Younger) , published in 2005, and the New York Times Bestseller You: The Smart Patient (An Insider's Handbook for Getting the Best Treatment) , published in 2006.

Guest of Honor

His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama Tenzin Gyatso, the XIV Dalai Lama

Presenters Announced to Date

Elizabeth Blackburn, PhD , is the discoverer of telomerase, which is emerging as an important, potentially health-enhancing and life-extending substance in the body. As such, she is one of the most important figures in contemporary biology. Educated in Australia and at Cambridge and Yale, she is a member of the prestigious Royal Society of London, the exclusive National Academy of Sciences (USA), and has been the President of the American Society of Cell Biology. She is also the recipient of many awards including the American Cancer Society Medal of Honor, the Alfred P Sloan Award, and Honorary Doctorates of Science from Universities including Yale and the University of Chicago.

Daniel Brown, PhD , is the Director of The Center for Integrative Psychotherapy in Newton MA, and an Associate Clinical Professor in Psychology at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Brown has taught hypnotherapy for 35 years. His books on hypnosis include a standard textbook on clinical hypnosis, Hypnotherapy and Hypnoanalysis (with E. Fromm), Hypnosis and Behavioral Medicine (with E. Fromm), and Creative Mastery in Hypnosis and Hypnoanalysis , on the permissive style of hypnotherapy. He has written two books on developmental psychopathology—a book on affect development, Human Feelings , and a book on self development from a cross cultural perspective, Transformations of Consciousness . Memory, Trauma Treatment and the Law , a textbook on memory for trauma, was the recipient of awards from 7 professional societies including the 1999 Manfred S. Guttmacher Award given jointly by the American Psychiatric Association and the American Academy of Psychiatry and Law for the "outstanding contribution to forensic psychiatry." He has served as an expert witness in the courts in over a hundred lawsuits on issues such as: psychological damages from trauma and abuse, memory for trauma, reliability of childrens' reports of abuse, and evaluating claims of suggestive psychotherapy interviews, abuse investigative interviews, and police interrogations. His work as an expert witness or consultant on trauma and memory has included testimony before of International War Crimes Tribunal for the Prosecution of war criminals of the former Yugoslavia and two state Supreme Court cases on the reliability of children's testimony regarding sexual abuse.

Dr. Brown has studied the Eastern meditation traditions for 35 years. He spent 10 years translating meditation texts from Tibetan and Sanskrit. His new book, Pointing Out the Great Way is a step-by-step manual of meditation practice following the preliminary practices, concentration meditations, ordinary insight meditations, and extraordinary insight practices leading to awakening the mind in the Tibetan Mahamudra tradition. As a Western psychologist he conducted outcomes research on beginning and advanced meditators for 10 years. For the past 15 years he has taught meditation retreats individually and as a team with Western teachers and Tibetan lamas. He is the co-author of two books based on dialogues with His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

Mary Charlson, M.D. , is the William Foley Professor of Medicine, Chief of General Internal Medicine and the Program Chairperson for the Master of Science Program in Clinical Epidemiology and Health Services Research at Weill Cornell Medical School. Dr. Charlson is a clinical epidemiologist and methodologist who leads the Research Methodology Core, a multidisciplinary group of faculty from different divisions and institutions engaged in numerous clinical trials, outcomes research and population based prospective studies. She has also developed new methods of improving prognostic stratification in acute and chronic illness, and new methods of measurement and methodology in clinical research, including her widely used comorbidity index.

Tenzing Dakpa graduated first in his class from the Tibetan Medical and Astrological Institute of His Holiness the Dalai Lama in 1991, and has served as the Resident Doctor of the Nizamuddin Branch Clinic in New Delhi, India, and in Pokhara, Nepal. He also worked as a lecturer at the Tibetan Medical and Astrological College and has traveled widely for seminars, conferences, medical consultations and lectures with the late Dr. Tenzin Choedrak, the senior personal physician to His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Dr. Dakpa is also co-editor of the Men-Tsee-Khang published Fundamentals of Tibetan Medicine and an author of "Tibetan Medicine: Part One and Two" in The Principles and Practice of Integrated Medicine published by Tata Mcgraw-Hill Publishing Co. Ltd., New Delhi, India and the Science of Healing: A Comprehensive Commentary on the Root Tantra and Diagnostic Techniques of Tibetan Medicine . He was a Resident Tibetan Health Advisor at the Medicine Buddha Healing Center in Spring Green, WI, the Research Scholar in Alternative Medicine and an Honorary Fellow of the Center for South Asia, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, and is a Tibetan Medicine Program Coordinator of Tibet Center, Chicago, IL.

Dr. P. Murali Doraiswamy , a physician and teacher at Duke University, is an expert in the fields of brain longevity, Alzheimer's disease prevention and clinical trials. Dr. Doraiswamy grew up in India and received his medical degree from the University of Madras. He completed his residency training in psychiatry at Duke University and was selected for the Outstanding Resident Award by the National Institutes of Mental Health in 1994. Dr. Doraiswamy joined the faculty at Duke in 1995 as the Director of Clinical Trials in the Department of Psychiatry and since then has served as the lead physician on numerous clinical trials focusing on brain aging and neuroprotection. He currently serves as Head, Division of Biological Psychiatry and Senior Fellow at The Center for the  Study of Aging, both at Duke University. Dr. Doraiswamy has received many awards for his research, has served on the National Scientific Advisory Committee for the American Federation for Aging Research and currently serves on the Nat ional Medical Advisory Board for the Alzheimer's Foundation of America. He served on the Steering Committee for the NIH Office of Alternative Medicine sponsored clinical trial of St. John's wort for treating depression and serves as a medical director for another NIH funded trial examining aerobic exercise effects on mood, cognition and biomarkers. He served as the chair for the Women's Health Initiative Cognitive Aging Study renewal review panel. He serves on the Editorial boards of the two journals devoted to Alzheimer's disease, and has served as a consultant to the FDA and leading pharmaceutical companies on the development of anti-Alzheimer therapies. Dr. Doraiswamy is the author of more than 200 scientific articles in leading journals and has chaired several scientific conferences. He has lectured in several countries and his research has been featured in many media programs.

K. Anders Ericsson, PhD , is presently Conradi Eminent Scholar and Professor of Psychology at Florida State University. After his Ph. D. in Psychology from University of Stockholm, Sweden, he collaborated with Herbert Simon at Carnegie-Mellon University on verbal reports of thinking and this work is summarized in "Protocol Analysis: Verbal Reports as Data " (1984/1993). Currently he studies the cognitive structure of expert performance in domains such as music, chess and sports, and how expert performers attain their superior performance by acquiring complex cognitive mechanisms and physiological adaptations through extended deliberate practice. He is a  co-editor of "Toward a General Theory of Expertise " (1991), "The Road to Excellence: The acquisition of expert performance in the arts and sciences, sports, and games " (1996), and "Cambridge Handbook of Expertise and Expert Performance " (29th June, 2006). He is a Fellow of the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences and of the American Psychological Association (Division 3). He has published in Science, American Scientist, Psychological Review, Annual Review of Psychology, Cognitive Psychology , and Trends in Cognitive Sciences . His webpage is www.psy.fsu.edu/faculty/ericsson.dp.html

David Freedberg, PhD is best known for his work on psychological responses to art, and particularly for his studies on iconoclasm and censorship (see, inter alia, Iconoclasts and their Motives, 1984, and The Power of Images: Studies in the History and Theory of Response, 1989). His more traditional art historical writing has centered on the fields of Dutch and Flemish art, and in more recent years he has turned his attention to seventeenth century Roman art and to the paintings of Nicolas Poussin. Following a series of important discoveries in Windsor Castle, the Institut de France and the archives of the Accademia dei Lincei in Rome, he has for some time been concerned with the intersection of art and science in the age of Galileo. While much of his work in this area has been published in catalogues and articles, his chief publication in this area is The Eye of the Lynx: Galileo, his Friends, and the Beginnings of Modern Natural History (2002).Although Freedberg continues to teach in the fields of Dutch, Flemish, French, and Italian seventeenth century art, as well as in historiographical and theoretical areas, his research now concentrates on the relations between art, history, and the neurosciences. He is currently engaged in writing two books: 1) Dance, the Body and Emotion (from a historical and neuroscientific perspective); 2) Art and the Brain, with particular reference to emotion and vision.

Leonard Guarente, PhD , is Novartis Professor of Biology at MIT, and is recognized as one of the leaders in the new field of the genetic and molecular biology of longevity (see New York Times , 9/26/00, "Scientist at Work: Leonard Guarente," and /25/03, "Study Spurs Hope of Finding Way to Increase Human Life Span"). Dr Guarente's research has shed light on the most fundamental genetic and molecular mechanisms of aging, and how those mechanisms can actually be neutralized in model organisms.

Ellen Heber-Katz, PhD is Professor of Molecular and Cellular Oncogenesis at The Wistar Institute, University of Pennsylvania. Dr Heber-Katz has made an extraordinary series of recent discoveries of previously unknown regenerative capacities in mammalian wound-healing, heart regeneration, and spinal cord regeneration.

Jean Jackson, PhD , Chair of the Anthropology Department at MIT, is a member of the Royal Anthropological Institute, and received her PhD in medical anthropology from Stanford University. She is a leading expert in the cross-cultural study of pain, stress, and disease. She has also conducted research on chronic pain in the U.S., therapeutic community, the mind/body interface, embodiment, chronic illness and stigma.

Diane S Krause, MD, PhD is Associate Professor of Laboratory Medicine and Associate Director of Stem Cell Processing at Yale University School of Medicine. Dr Krause is one of the discoverers of previously unknown innate sources of adult stem cells, and her work has contributed to recent revolutionary findings that adult mammals (including humans) possess "stem cells with the potential to differentiate into mature cells of the heart, liver, kidney, lungs, GI tract, skin bone, muscle, cartilage, fat, endothelium and brain" (Gene Therapy 2002, 9(11): 754-восемь).

Bruce S McEwen, PhD , Alfred E Mirsky Professor and head of the laboratory of Neuroendocrinology at the Rockefeller University, is universally regarded as one of the leading figures in contemporary neuroscience. Dr McEwen has been the President of The Society for Neuroscience, is a Member of the National Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Medicine, and is a member of the MacArthur Foundation Research Network on Socioeconomic Status and Health. His work has demonstrated that chronic stress and resulting changes in lifestyle may accelerate aging and lead to remodeling of brain circuits underlying memory and emotions but in a reversible manner that opens the opportunity for positive emotions to have the opposite, brain regenerative effects.

Lobsang Rapgay, Ph.D , is the Director of the Behavioral Medicine Clinic and Program at UCLA. He earned his PhD in Tibetan Medicine from Visva Bharati International University in India and his PhD in Clinical Psychology from the Pacifica Graduate Institute in California. He is the Co-Founder of the Mindful Awareness Research Center, NPI, and serves as an Expert Consultant in the development of Mindfulness-Based Research projects. Dr. Rapgay is the author of numerous works including The Diagnosis and Treatment of Anxiety in Tibetan Medicine (in Primary Psychiatry, 2002), TheTibetan Book of Healing (Passage Press, 1996), and Eastern Wisdom for Modern Living (Macmillian Press, 1999).

Gehlek Rimpoche Born in Lhasa, Tibet in 1939, Kyabje Gehlek Rimpoche, a fully accomplished meditation master, is an incarnate Lama of Drepung Monastic University. Carefully tutored by some of Tibet's greatest living masters, Rimpoche received the scholastic degree of Geshe Lharampa, the highest degree given, at an exceptionally young age, and gained renown for his powers of memory, intellectual judgement and penetrating insight. A refugee in India since 1959, Gehlek Rimpoche gave up monastic life to better serve the lay community of Tibetan Buddhist practitioners. He edited and printed over 170 volumes of rare Tibetan manuscripts that would have otherwise been lost to humanity, and continuously worked to preserve Tibetan culture during this time of communist persecution. In the late 1970s Gehlek Rimpoche was directed by both the Senior and Junior Tutors to His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Kyabje Ling Rimpoche and Kyabje Trijang Rimpoche, to begin teaching Western students. Since that time he has taught Buddhist practitioners throughout the world. Coming to the U.S. in the mid-80's, Rimpoche later moved to Ann Arbor, MI and in 1988 founded Jewel Heart, an organization dedicated to the preservation of Tibetan culture and Buddhism. Today, Jewel Heart has chapters throughout the U.S. and in Malaysia, Singapore and the Netherlands. A member of the last generation of lamas to be born and fully educated in Tibet, he is particularly distinguished for his thorough knowledge of English, his familiarity with modern culture, and his skill as a teacher of Buddhism in the West. He is also the author of Good Life, Good Death: Tibetan Wisdom on Reincarnation (Riverhead Books, 2001).

Paul J Rosch, MD is Clinical Professor of Medicine and Psychiatry at New York Medical College and President of the American Institute of Stress. He has worked closely and coauthored works with Hans Selye, who originated our current concept of "stress" and Flanders Dunbar, who introduced the term "psychosomatic" into American medicine. A Past President of The Pavlovian Society and New York State Society of Internal Medicine, Dr. Rosch has been the recipient of numerous honors including an "Award for contributions to our understanding of stress, health and
disease" from Dr. Michael E. DeBakey, President of the American Society for Contemporary Medicine and Surgery, the IM Sechenov Memorial Medal of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Outstanding Physician's Award of the New York State Medical Society, and the Innovation Award of The International Society for the Study of Subtle Energies and Energy Medicine. Dr. Rosch is also one of the world's leading experts on the emerging field of bioelectromagnetic medicine, a field of science crucial for understanding how communication takes place in the body that is fundamental for regenerative phenomena.

George S Roth, PhD , CEO of GeroScience Corp, was formerly Chief of the Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology at the National Institute of Aging, and continues to be a pioneer in the study of human and nonhuman primate aging and longevity. Dr Roth has published over 300 papers in leading scientific journals on aging and longevity, was the Co-executive Director of the American Aging Association, and was awarded the Sandoz Prize for Gerontological Research, the most prestigious award in the field of aging research.

Neil Theise, MD a diagnostic liver pathologist and adult stem cell researcher, is Professor of  Pathology and of Medicine at the Beth Israel Medical Center of Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York. His research revised understandings of human liver microanatomy which, in turn, led directly to identification of possible liver stem cell niches, the marrow to liver regeneration pathway and, with Diane Krause, is considered a pioneer of multi-organ adult stem cell plasticity. Subsequently, while continuing laboratory and clinical research, he has extended his work to areas of theoretical biology and complexity theory, defining a "post-modern biology."  These ideas suggest that alternate models of the body, other than Cell Doctrine, may be necessary to understand non-Western approaches to the body and health. Current investigations focus on nerve-stem cell interactions in human livers, melatonin-related physiology of human liver stem cell and regenerative processes, and approaches to rescue from acute liver failure using medical administration of stem cell-related cytokines and hormones.

Kevin J Tracey, MD is Director and Chief Executive of The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Vice President for Research at the North Shore-LIJ Health System, Professor of Microbiology and Immunology at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and co-Editor-in-Chief of the journal Molecular Medicine . A leading researcher in the study of immunology and infectious disease, Dr. Tracey discovered how the brain controls the immune system through a direct, nerve-based connection. It is now possible to consider whether cognitive-behavioral practices and meditation can activate signals in this nerve to counteract the damaging and potentially lethal effects
of infections or other forms of inflammation that threaten human health.

Moderators

William C Bushell, PhD is affiliated with the Anthropology Program at MIT and is currently a Visiting Scholar at Columbia University. Dr Bushell received his degrees in medical and biological anthropology from Columbia University with Honors, and was a Fulbright Scholar and a Postdoctoral Fellow at Harvard. His research is focused on the health-enhancing effects of cognitive-behavioral (C-B) practices such as meditation cross—culturally and physiologically, and he recently presented a paper on C-B induced stem cell activation and regeneration at the Salk Institute. Dr Bushell co-directed a previous conference on the health-enhancing effects of meditation with His Holiness the Dalai Lama (1998).

Joseph Loizzo, MD, PhD , is Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry in Complementary and Integrative Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College, where he researches and teaches mind/body health. He also teaches science and religion, the scientific study of religious experience, and Indo-Tibetan mind sciences at Columbia University. Dr. Loizzo is a Harvard-trained psychiatrist and Columbia-trained Buddhist scholar with over thirty years experience studying the beneficial effects of meditation on healing and learning. In 1998, Dr. Loizzo opened the Center for Meditation and Healing at Columbia-Presbyterian/Eastside, the first mind/body center in the United States to offer programs in stress reduction, self-healing, and lifestyle change based on the Tibetan health and mind sciences. In 2003, he moved these programs to the Cornell Center for Complementary and Integrative Medicine, to better test and refine their effectiveness. He founded Nalanda Institute of Meditation and Healing in Eastside Manhatt an in 2005, to make these programs available to the community at large.
www.nalandameditation.org/html/about3founder.html

Erin L Olivo, PhD, MPH , Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, is the Director of the Columbia Integrative Medicine Program and is a practicing clinical psychologist. In collaboration with Dr. Oz, her program of research focuses on the feasibility and efficacy of utilizing integrative therapies, specifically meditation, in reducing symptoms and risk factors of heart  disease.
Наверх
Yuriy

21341СообщениеДобавлено: Вс 10 Сен 06, 09:10 (18 лет тому назад)     Ответ с цитатой

Psychology Today article -- October 2006

The work of the Mind and Life Institute was featured in a cover story of the October 2006 issue of Psychology Today.  The article delves deeply into the positive effects of meditation on our everyday lives. The article, titled on the magazine cover, "Secrets of the Buddhist Mind", discusses how to master your emotions, curb your distractions and experience love without pain.

The article is written by Pulitzer-Prize winning investigative journalist and author Katherine Ellison. The author weaves her story tapestry with personal experience, research facts and an abundance of quotes from Mind and Life Institute (MLI) board members Richard Davidson, Jon Kabat-Zinn, Matthieu Ricard, and Alan Wallace; 2006 MLI Summer Research Institute faculty Daniel Siegel and Clifford Saron; November 2005 Investigating the Mind conference participants Robert Sapolsky, Zindel Segal and Wolf Singer; plus the Dalai Lama.

She also recommends two new books by MLI board members: Happiness: A Guide to Developing Life's Most Important Skill by Ricard and The Attention Revolution: Unlocking the Power of the Focused Mind by Wallace.

Ellison opens the article, subtitled "Mastering Your Own Mind", with a personal anecdote of her over-reaction toward her 8-year-old son's telephone call to 911 when she took away his Game Boy. She repeatedly uses her parenting mishap to walk the reader through how meditation could have resolved her negative emotions and defused the confrontational situation which ultimately included an anguished and embarrassing police interrogation in her home.

Throughout the article, Ellison effectively compares and contrasts the differences in the definition of well-being between Western and Eastern thinking. She writes, "Western science is content to believe that each of us has a more or less genetically determined set point for well-being –and that happiness and love happen to us."

Buddhism on the other hand, she contends, frames things differently. "We can transcend our lot by learning to quiet the mind in meditation – not merely to relax and cope with stress, as the popular notion of Buddhism holds, but to rigorously train oneself to relinquish bad mental habits. Rather than being an end in itself, meditation becomes a tool to investigate your mind and change your worldview. "

Through meditation, she believes that she would have been able to recognize the spark that ignited the flames of conflict between her and her son. In the nano-second between provocation and action, her anger and fear swamped her judgment and led her down the road of poor decision making. She сoncludes, "Meditation, however, promises to break this apparent chain reaction by allowing us to recognize the 'spark before the flame'."

The article includes two sidebars: Meditation: Getting Started аnd The End of Envy.

To read and enjoy the entire article, please go to the Psychology Today website at http://www.psychologytoday.com/ and click on "Mastering Your Own Mind."

For a summary of current and recent news articles featuring the Mind and Life Institute's work, go to
http://www.mindandlife.org/current.news.html.

Ellison is the author of three books, the most recent of which is The Mommy Brain: How Motherhood Makes us Smarter. For more information about her, please go to http://www.katherineellison.com/
Наверх
scharmedoriens

Суждений: 1

21489СообщениеДобавлено: Ср 13 Сен 06, 12:21 (18 лет тому назад)    Re: Вокруг встреч ЕСДЛ с учеными. Ответ с цитатой

Yuriy пишет:
Эту тему я начал на БФ и теперь продолжаю ее здесь. Мне интересны современные формы взаимодействия науки  и религий и в особенности между наукой и буддизмом. Их диалог отличается от диалога науки с христианством тем, что в нем гораздо больше представлен человеческий опыт.  Он теснейшим образом связан с деятельностью Mind and Life institute (MLI),  который был создан для обеспечения встреч ЕСДЛ с учеными. За прошедшие годы было проведено 13 международных конференций.
http://www.mindandlife.org/ буддизм  это  базовая религия  афрополинезийского этноса, это доминирующий  или протейный вид  который стал базой всех философий , но с приходом арабов в европу и смешания их с кельтами , и с появлением нового доминантного лидера = русский  претерпел  дополнительные изменения , от афрополинезийской философии  он занял нишу буддизма,  это не просто ниша , это результирующая философия и практика этого этноса, без христианства буддизм система не относительных ценностей а вместе со всеми религия это код доступа афрополинезийский этнос.в его культурные ифизические носители

Краткое описание основных направлений этого диалога можно найти здесь:
http://board.buddhist.ru/showpost.php?p=88169&postcount=143

При MLI существует Mind and Life Research Network (MLRN), буддийский форум, в котором принимает участие много ученых, практикующих психологов, психотерапевтов и просто людей (вроде меня), которым это интересно, из разных стран мира: США, Канады, Пуэрто-Рико, Франции, Германии, Голландии, Китая, Таиланда и т.д. Понятно, что на форуме при  MLI доминирует в целом позитивный образ и науки, и научных исследований буддийского опыта. Этот форум общедоступен и устроен как рассылка, каждый участник получает все новые сообщения:
https://lists.wisc.edu/read/login/?go=https://lists.wisc.edu/read/?forum%3Dmeditationlist

Не смотря на доступность MLRN, я хочу дополнить эту индивидуальную форму коллективной и поэтому открываю эту тему, скорее как информационный бюллетень. Тем более что на русскоязычных буддийских форумах (имеются в виду БФ, Дхарма, Колесо Дхаммы, Ясный Свет) тема «Буддизм и наука» наиболее мощно представлена только на «Ясном Свете» как  информационная поддержка, которую оказывает Сурадж, периодически открывая на 72 часа доступ к буддологическим диссертациям, т.е. это «буддизм и буддология». Обмен же мнениями между учеными, который можно регулярно видеть на MLRN, если и есть, то лишь как исключение, подтверждающее правило.

Еще раз повторяю, что я не ученый, мне просто интересна тема «Наука и религии», т.к. я еще не способен при попытке понять духовные истины просто взять и отказаться и от своего образования, и от своего интеллекта (воспитанного этим образованием). Взаимодействие же западной философии с буддийской мне не очень интересно, т.к. первая 2000 лет назад отказалась от индивидуальной духовной практики, став чисто умозрительной, вербально-интеллектуальной деятельностью. Ученые же изучают конкретные явления, тем они мне и интересны. Более того, эти исследования помогают решать практические задачи, в чем я убедился на собственном опыте, когда познакомился с мета-анализом
http://board.buddhist.ru/showpost.php?p=81255&postcount=122
и применил технику mindfulness на практике.

В том, что касается потока информации на MLRN, то он не очень велик и самым примечательным событием после двух последних конференций (одна Mind and Life XIII,  а вторая – выступление ЕСДЛ на ежегодном форуме Society for neuroscience, которое сопровождалось скандалом, т.е. коллективным протестом ученых против этого выступления, освещавшимся в СМИ США, а также еженедельником “Nature”) был грант в 575 000 долларов, который получен под “Shamatha Project”, научные исследования шаматхи (2-х-летний проект).
http://board.buddhist.ru/showpost.php?p=93466&postcount=177

Это один из конкретных результатов тех конференций, на которых ученые встречаются с буддистами, с ЕСДЛ. Насколько я понимаю, такие деньги под научные исследования буддийской медитации получены впервые.

Yuriy

21529СообщениеДобавлено: Чт 14 Сен 06, 09:34 (18 лет тому назад)     Ответ с цитатой

Аналогичный по содержанию информационный бюллетень я недавно открыл здесь:
http://www.nkj.ru/forum/read.php?FID=14&TID=4641
Наверх
Yuriy

21530СообщениеДобавлено: Чт 14 Сен 06, 09:36 (18 лет тому назад)    Re: Вокруг встреч ЕСДЛ с учеными. Ответ с цитатой

Не понял.
Наверх
Джон Ли

Суждений: 599

21554СообщениеДобавлено: Чт 14 Сен 06, 14:30 (18 лет тому назад)    Re: Вокруг встреч ЕСДЛ с учеными. Ответ с цитатой

Yuriy пишет:
Не понял.
Я понял! За деньги можно все! Нет не так. За деньги могут всех! Опять не так.  Вот как -Деньги и шамадхи это ворота в научный рай. Rolling Eyes
Тред сейчас никто не читает.
Новая тема   Ответ на тему    Буддийские форумы -> Дискуссии Часовой пояс: GMT + 4
Страницы Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  След.
Страница 10 из 26

Перейти:  
Вам нельзя начинать темы
Вам нельзя отвечать на сообщения
Вам нельзя редактировать свои сообщения
Вам нельзя удалять свои сообщения
Вам нельзя голосовать в опросах
Вы не можете вкладывать файлы
Вы можете скачивать файлы

Рейтинг@Mail.ru

За информацию, размещённую на сайте пользователями, администрация форума ответственности не несёт.
Мощь пхпББ © 2001, 2002 пхпББ Груп
0.076 (0.205) u0.036 s0.001, 18 0.041 [256/0]